Special Event! – “Project Management for NON Project Managers” November 15 & 16, 2012
Here’s the details of the event from Carrera Lee’s site:
Project management is becoming increasingly important as a set of professional skills – even for those who are not project managers. While non-project managers do not need to be experts, they do need to have the fundamental skills and knowledge to manage people and processes through a project’s initiation, planning, management, and closing phases.
After engaging in all of the blended learning opportunities you will be able to:
- Identify project stakeholder
- Recognize the project phases
- Organize the components of a project’s charter and plan
- Select steps to take when initiating and planning a project
- Describe specific actions associated with basic principles of project management
- Identify project management roles
- Understand team development stages
- Understand management approaches in sample scenarios
- Classify conflict management approaches used by project managers in example team situations
- Understand how to manage project performance variances
- Identify actions to increase strength of each of the four project quality pillars
- Define customer expectations, goals, and objectives
The event will take place at the Westside Conferece Center at Pepperdine University at the Howard Hughes Center located at 6100 Center Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90045.
For those in the Los Angeles, CA area looking to get in depth training on project management to kick start their project management careers please visit Carrera Lee’s website to sign up. This is a great way to start the year to obtain new skills!
For those attending, I look forward to meeting you there in person!