Below are resources to assist those preparing for the PMP exam. I originally created the interactive ITTO guide when I was preparing for the exam back in May of 2007 while taking a prep class sponsored by PMI-LA, and decided to put it on the web in case my classmates found it useful. I then taught a couple of sessions for the very same prep class sponsored by PMI-LA in the Fall of 2007, and added the additional resources for the students.
For those visiting and preparing for the exam, I hope you find the resources useful, as I wish to give back to the online and offline community which helped me greatly when I was preparing for the exam.
*NOTE – Some of the following are still based on the PMBOK 3rd Edition, 2004 but still relevant
For those just starting their preparation, below are links to a 3 part overview of the PMP exam:
For those who already have their PMP, below is a link on how to maintain your PMP status every 3 years:
And here’s a bonus presentation I gave for a PMP exam prep class for PMI-LA back in Spring of 2012 which outlines the trends of popular PM certifications such as the PMP:
Some PMP exam reference materials I used that may be useful to you:
- Spreadsheet to calculate hours on the PMP application
- Interactive ITTO Tool to test and remind yourself of the all important Inputs, Tools & Techniques, and Outputs of the PMBOK
- PMP work description samples, which you can use to help you after you enter your work hours from the above spreadsheet
- PMP audit tips that provides some guidance, in case you get audited
- Earned value template in Excel that will help you visualize how EVA works as well as manipulate the numbers to see how those changes effect the graphs
- COMING SOON!!! – I am planning to write a detailed study guide updated to the latest version of the PMBOK/PMP and will provide it as a Kindle ebook for sale at a very affordable price. Announcement will be provided on this site once available